***PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE WWW.DISCOVERYPRESCHOOLYYC.COM TO REGISTER FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR***
Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is open and ongoing until classes are at capacity.
1. Complete the online registration form
2. Have proof of registration payment (or cheques)
3. Complete waiver/disclaimer forms from the 2022/2023 Registration Package
After completing the above forms, email firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your registration process. The registrar will also coordinate in person payments. Note: Payments will not be accepted until the online registration form is completed.
An in-person Open House was hosted on January 12, 2022. If you missed the open house and would like to tour the school and meet the teachers, please email email@example.com to arrange a time.
2022-2023 Class Information
Morning 3 year old Class (Available – a 3/4 year old split class this year)
$170 / month
Birthday by August 31, 2022; students turning three between August 31 and December 31 can be placed on the hold list until they turn three
Morning 4 year old Class (WAITLIST ONLY)
$200 / month
Birthday by December 31, 2022
- All students enrolled in the 3 year old class must be three years old prior to August 31.
- Students who turn three years old after August 31 and prior to December 31 can be registered and placed on a “hold list” until they turn three years old. Tuition fees will be collected for the months the student is on the “hold list”.
- All students must be fully toilet trained.
- Four year old students must be so prior to December 31.
- A completed registration form and cheques for the registration fee and tuition are all required to register.
Affordability Grant Program & The Child Care Subsidy
In 2022, the Province of Alberta started providing subsidies for childcare and preschool programs. There are two main subsidies of interest:
1) the Affordability Grant
2) the Child Care Subsidy
The affordability grant is registered for through the preschool and applied automatically towards tuition (no action for registered families required, all families qualify for this).
However, the child care subsidy is household specific and must be applied for by each individual household. A child care subsidy of up to $125 per month, per child, towards preschool tuition is available for households with a gross annual income of under $180,000.00. If eligible, parents must pay the regular preschool tuition and then will later be refunded by either cheque or e-transfer (their choice) once the subsidy has been paid to the preschool by the government, which happens monthly. For those waiting on application approvals, they will be reimbursed once approved by the Alberta Government and the government payments is made. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. TO APPLY and for eligibility requirements or further information visit “Child Care Digital Service (alberta.ca)” or call 1-877-644-9992.